Brand new retirement apartment in Yatton
County: Somerset Sale Type: Leasehold Reference: ATY00663 Category: Leasehold
- Dedicated Housing and Care Manager
- Independent living in a community setting
- Access to optional, tailored care and support
- A range of social activities on-site
- 24/7 emergency alarm system for peace of mind
- Lift and wheelchair accessible throughout
Virtual Tour available - Two bedroom apartments for sale through shared ownership from £57,500 for 25% share to £185,625 for 75% share - Housing 21’s new Extra Care Living court will offer independent living with access to on-site care and support for people over the age of 55, with priority given to local people. There will be 30 two bedroom apartments available for shared ownership. *Rent is payable on shared equity from 25% up to 75%. Maximum purchase is 75% where no rent is payable.
Strawberry Gardens is located on Moorhen Road, off Arnold's Way, in the charming village and civil parish of Yatton, in the County of Somerset. As described by Bristol Live, Yatton is a close-knit community that offers a delightful semi-rural home life, with easy access by both rail and road to Bristol. From a supermarket and Post Office, to pubs and independent retailers right on your doorstep, you will have everything you could possibly need!
Within an easy drive into the centre of Bristol and Weston-Super-Mare, Yatton is also surrounded by villages including Wrington, Sandford, Clevedon and Nailsea. Yatton combines a quieter pace of life, joined with the excitement of its history, increasing developments and neighbouring villages, creating the perfect place to call home.
Design features have been thoughtfully included to help you live well:
- Quality fitted kitchens with Zanussi ceramic hob, extractor and integrated mid-height oven for ease of access
- Lever taps and raised power points
- Specialist flooring to shower room and kitchen, to reduce slip hazards
- Level access showers
- Fully carpeted living areas
- Security optical door viewer
- Gas central heating, with thermostatically controlled low surface temperature radiators
- Mains fed smoke detector and sprinkler system
- BT and TV points to lounge and bedrooms
- Video door entry for added security
- Wifi to communal areas
- Patio and balconies on selected apartments
Strawberry Gardens offers a fantastic range of communal facilities for both residents and visitors, which include;
- Hair salon
- Residents’ lounge
- Activity room
- Attractive landscaped gardens with outdoor seating areas
- Ensuite Guest Room
- Assisted Bathing Suite
Service charges £258.31 per month - This covers the lighting, heating, maintenance and cleaning of the communal areas and gardens, external window cleaning, buildings insurance and estate management. It also includes the payment towards the Court Manager and hardware for the emergency call system that are housing benefit eligible. It also includes the sinking fund, the cost of which you can elect to defer until you sell your home, to keep costs down whilst living at Strawberry Gardens. The sinking fund is used to offset the cost of major repairs or replacements in the future (for instance, roof, windows, lifts).
Shared ownership rent – if you buy less than 75% of the property there is an affordable rent on the share you do not own. This is calculated at 2.75% of the outstanding equity.
Housing Benefit Eligible
Both the service charge and the shared ownership rent are eligible for housing benefit, and H21 can help guide you through the benefits system.
Support charge £14.58 per month - Payments towards the Court Manager and hardware for the emergency call system that are not housing benefit eligible.
Core support charge between £23.00 - £25.00 per person per week, to be paid to the care provider. This ensures staff are on-site 24 hours a day but is not part of the planned personal care. Although not everybody will use this, it is available when needed.
Personal and domestic care and support - £20 per hour Monday-Friday*
£22 per hour weekend and Bank Holiday charges* – Where care services are provided (e.g. domiciliary care, dementia care), this is always the subject of a separate agreement and an hourly charge
- The price listed is based on purchasing 75% equity with an additional annul rent of £0.
-These apartments are leasehold properties with a 999 year lease.
- Service charges are estimated to be £260 pcm with an annual peppercorn ground rent.
- * indicates that indicative charges are based on a similar H21 court, subject to change dependent on care provider.
Please complete the form below and a member of staff will be in touch shortly.